the haraldsons »

Fire in the Disco!

As many of you have already learned Laura and I had a fire in our house last Wednesday night. We were out of the house for a potential client meeting and returned to find the fire had already put itself out but the house was completely full of a thick black smoke. We were able to get the dogs out and call the fire department to come look to make sure nothing was still going to start up again and to help blow as much of the smoke out as possible.

Pretty much all of the fire damage was in the kitchen but pretty much all of the house suffered smoke damage. Because of this almost everything in our house has had to have been removed for cleaning or replaced. Thank goodness our insurance agents have been so wonderful in making this as smooth a process as possible. They are supposed to have an expert out to find out what the cause as we’re curious to that as well.

Because of the amount of damage we’ll be living in a nearby rented house for the next few months while they fix our house. To all our wedding clients I should be getting my computer back today so I can resume work on getting everyone photos edited and out to you as soon as possible.

Both Laura and I want to thank everyone for their outgoing offers of support. We’ll let you know if we need anything.

A few photos quick pics of the damage:






Sara Montour -

Oh my gosh! I’m glad that you are both ok (and the dogs!)!

Daniel Snow -

Aww, man. Sorry to hear about this…

Becca -

Holy cow…can’t wait to see your temporary digs. Glad you have been in good hands with Allstate:)

Cheryl Dannenbring -

Dear Scott and Laura,

I just learned from Jessop and Jen that your house had this fire. It’s dreadful. I’m so sorry for you guys. If there’s anything you need that you think we could help with, please let us know. I know you’ve got lots of friends down there, but Jessop may know of something we have that you could use.

Thinking of you,

Cheryl and Walt
(Jessop’s mom)

David -

Good that it happened while you were away and not while you were in the abode, possibly sleeping!

John Pedersen -

Oh man, Scott.

I’m so sorry to hear this happened to you guys – what a terrible thing. From a photographer’s perspective, I can see this as a nightmare on so many levels. It reminds me of a time when we had a fire (false) alarm when living in Uptown. We woke up in the middle of the night, with the alarms blaring and all I could think of was making sure that I saved my photos. I stuffed four hardrives in my messenger bag and my wife and I sprinted for the door. Having it actually happen to you must have been awful.

I know you’ve got lots of photographer friends in the cities, but if you find yourself needing some gear for a shoot, let me know and I’ll see what I can do about hooking you up with some of my friends from National Camera. I’m sure they’d be willing to help you out.

Take it easy, man. Best of luck in getting everything all put back together.

John Pedersen

peter -

scary. glad everyone is okay.

Anne -

Oh my God, I am so sorry and please let me know if there is anything i can do… ANYTHING! Like whenever, help cleaning whatever!
-a